1. Every child is a unique child, who is constantly learning and can be resilient, capable, confident and
2. Children learn to be strong and independent through positive relationships.
3. Children learn and develop well in enabling environments with teaching and support from adults, who respond to their
individual interests and needs and there is a strong partnership between practitioners and/or carers.
4. Children develop and learn in different ways and at different rates.
We believe that children learn best through:
- First hand experiences which are well structured and
- Interacting with others in a cognitive and reflective way
- Being physically active
- Having their interests valued, developed and extended
Our approach to learning is through a holistic, play based curriculum which is child led and where adults are viewed as partners in
Early Years Framework
The Early Years Framework outlines learning areas of which children should learn and develop. These are: